*Application for Marriage Ceremony at Church
1. The church will accept application for marriage by a man and a woman, at least one is a professing Christian, to be officiated by a minister assigned by the church.
2. Prior to the wedding, the marrying couple will undergo a 3-session marriage counseling with the assigned minister.
B. DATE & TIME: (Saturday: 1-3 p.m., Sunday: 3:30 p.m. only)
1. The dates and times of the marriage ceremony, rehearsal, the 3-session marriage counseling, will be those stated in the application. No change will be entertained.
2. The marriage ceremony will begin punctually and will not exceed one hour. The wedding party and
all guests must vacate the sanctuary no later than two hours after the stated time of the wedding.
3. The use of the reception hall (Saturday only) will not exceed a total of two hours.
4. If the rehearsal of the marriage ceremony could not begin within 20 minutes of the stated time, the
church reserves the right to cancel the ceremony and all monies paid will be forfeited.
1. The marriage ceremony including marriage counseling and rehearsal: $1,600.00
2. Use of reception hall (Saturday only): $400.00
a) For Non-members: A deposit of $800 is payable in cash or check with the application. This deposit is not refundable.
b) For Members: A deposit of $600 is payable in cash or check with the application. This deposit is not refundable.
4. The Balance: ($800, $1,000 or $1,200 if with Reception)
a) For Non-members: The balance must be paid in cash, bank check or money order, at least 2 weeks prior to the ceremony.
b) For Members: An offering in lieu of the balance is acceptable and appreciated.
5. If a change of date or time is requested, the original deposit will be forfeited and a fresh application should be filed with a payment of a new deposit.
D. THE MARRIAGE CEREMONY:
1. The order of the marriage ceremony will be arranged by the appointed Pastor of the church and is not subject to change.
2. The marriage ceremony will be performed by the minister assigned by the church without exception.
3. The organist/pianist will be assigned by the church. No other person is allowed to perform this service.
4. Everyone in the wedding party must attend the rehearsal.
1. Prior to the rehearsal, the marrying couple must submit to the Pastor a valid license issued by the
New York State Marriage Court.
2. At the end of the ceremony, the marrying couple and the witness must sign the marriage license.
1. No more than 2 photographers are permitted in the sanctuary.
2. No photographers are permitted at the altar.
3. Photographers are not permitted to stand on pews, chairs, tables or any elevated support.
1. Silence must be observed in the sanctuary.
2. Eating, drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited in the sanctuary.
3. No one is allowed to place his/her feet on the pews or any furniture.
4. No one is allowed to damage or deface any Bible, Hymnal or other church properties.
5. No decorations in or outside the sanctuary are allowed except with the prior consent of the church,
and all such decorations must be removed at the end of the ceremony. The use of sticking tapes on the wall or furniture is prohibited. The Church will not be responsible for the delivery of flowers and other materials to the church. On Sunday, all deliveries must be after 3:00 p.m.
6. The throwing of confetti, rice or any other substance in or outside the sanctuary is prohibited.
1. Additional regulations where needed, may be agreed upon by the Pastor and the marrying couple.
2. The church reserves the right to change any of these regulations without notice.